Tuesday, July 29, 2008

all I need is my bike and some hot lips

I finally got to try the mushroom, asparagus, goat cheese pizza from Hot Lips Pizza the other night. It is the sunday slice special. I picked up my friend Gracie and we made it to the restaurant just in time to get the last 3 slices and a jar full of soda. What a wonderful snack for a late night carpool back to Lost Valley.






















The great thing about Hot Lips, is that they strive for local and sustainable business practices. The soda these two lovely employees are serving me from the tap, is blackrasperry. From what I remember, all ingredients of the pizzas sodas and salads is local...except for the olive oil. They take 'green' practices one step further by providing delivery not by car, but by bike or electric vehicle. Some of their restaurants have fresh herbs and other edibles growing in the small landscaped areas.




I should mention that hot lips is located in Portland. They have 4? maybe 5 locations around the town. They support the Portland Century bike ride that is coming up in a few weeks. I love this place!

No comments: