Monday, March 17, 2008

It's not just about Jars

I havent had a mocha in a week. I was hit by horrendous allergies , so I layed off the dairy for a bit. I've been using my jars for water, juice and sparkling water this week. I wanted to write about how thats just one thing that we can do to make a difference. Sometimes it seems like such a small thing. Just a small, tiny , holding action....with the hopes to raise awareness. I do a bunch of these little things. I need to remember also, to not just do my own thing and hope that people notice and think about 'why'... I need to share my information. Maybe ask people questions when they look at me weird cause I'm carrying a jar of brown stuff around. I could say...'its coffee, why do you think I use a jar?' or ' I've saved over 300 cups this year by bringing my own jars'....something.
Some other things I do to make a difference
edible landscaping (gardening)
ride my bike
reusable bags
personal growth
despair work
conscious shopping (only buy what I NEED)
yoga
cook my own food as much as possible

DId I forget anything?
to my 3 readers....:)
what are you doing?

1 comment:

oregon dreams said...

hey~ you are inspiring me with your jars, I ordered my chai in a mug last weekend because of your blog..
I, use cloth bags, reuse bags
starting a garden
buy bulk
let my car sit as much as possible
send out good vibes
raise a conscious child
eat organic
buy local as much as I possibly can
we got an Ecowasher
air dry clothes when possible
use a smart power strip
turn stuff off
consciously shop
shop resale shops/buy used
recycle...
enjoying your blog!